Long Island Bus Accident Attorney
Were you injured as a passenger on a bus or when a bus ran into you? You may have a claim for damages, whether it was a public transit bus or a private coach or shuttle.
The Raimondo Law Firm, personal injury law firm in Lake Grove, New York will consider the facts of your case in a free consultation and determine if you have grounds to pursue compensation. We have helped clients throughout Long Island and New York City who were injured in bus accidents. Contact us soon so that we can investigate.
Our experienced attorney has recovered damages in every type of scenario:
- Passenger injury — The bus driver pulls away before riders are seated, stops abruptly or strikes an obstacle or vehicle, causing falls or crash injuries to those onboard.
- Pedestrian injury — People crossing the street or waiting for a bus are knocked down or run over.
- Bus collisions — The occupants of a car suffer serious injury in the forceful crash.
The Raimondo Law Firm has successfully sued the Suffolk County Transit Authority and other mass transit agencies that run commuter buses on Long Island. We have also collected damages against private and semi-private carriers — over-the-road coaches, senior citizen transport vans, airport shuttles and buses hired to take tourists to the Hamptons or Montauk.
Proving Negligence in a Bus Accident
We aim for full compensation for your medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering and lasting disability. Trial lawyers at The Raimondo Law Firm have also represented surviving family members in wrongful death lawsuits when a bus accident ended in fatality.
Mr. Raimondo personally conducts the investigation to locate witnesses, preserve evidence and determine the negligence that caused the crash:
- Aggressive driving or failure to yield the right of way
- Bus driver inattention or distraction
- Drug or alcohol impairment
- Bad brakes or other maintenance issues
- Road conditions or obstructed views
We often bring a lawsuit against the bus company or transit authority for inadequate training or negligent hiring (failure to conduct a background check on drivers). We also hire the experts necessary to reconstruct the accident and prove damages.
Mr. Raimondo is familiar with the injuries common to unbelted bus passengers or those who are struck by a massive transport vehicle. He has experience in sorting out the chaos of mass casualty accidents, such as ferry accidents, plane crashes or freeway pileups.
Above all, we are committed to helping our clients through a difficult time and maximizing compensation. If you were badly hurt in a Long Island or NYC bus accident, call us at 631-471-1222 for a free case evaluation. Our staff members are fluent in Spanish, Greek and other languages.