Long Island Hospital Negligence Lawyer
An Inexcusable System Failure
Negligence Lawsuits Against New York Hospitals
Doctors are not always to blame for medical injuries. Rather than physician error, the negligence of nurses, technicians or staff may be the cause. Or adverse patient outcomes may stem from sloppy administrative practices, specific policies of the medical corporation or simple lack of communication.
If a family member is ill or disabled because of mistakes or substandard care in a hospital, let The Raimondo Law Firm sort out who is accountable for your damages. We have experience in medical negligence lawsuits against hospitals and HMOs as well as doctors.
Contact our Lake Grove office immediately for a free case evaluation. We take cases throughout Long Island and all boroughs of New York City.
The following are examples of what might constitute grounds for a hospital malpractice claim:
- Nurse errors — Failure to monitor, failure to summon a doctor for a patient in distress, exceeding medical authority, errors on patient charts, medication mistakes
- Technician and lab errors — Lost or contaminated samples, failure to forward results to the treating physician, misdiagnosis or misreading of ultrasound, X-ray, CT scans, blood work, etc.
- Physician error — Malpractice by on-staff doctors
- Hospital pharmacy errors — Wrong drug, wrong dose, foreseeable reactions
- Security breach — Elopement, assault or sexual abuse
- Post-op and recuperative care — Recovery room neglect, untreated infections, bed sores (pressure ulcers)
- MRSA or staph infections
- Premature discharge based on administrative policy or insurance coverage
Trial lawyers at The Raimondo Law Firm have 28 years of experience in medical malpractice litigation, including negligence lawsuits against hospitals. He personally examines the medical records and oversees the investigation. Mr. Raimondo is adept at shedding light on shoddy policies and lax enforcement that leads to breakdowns in diagnosis, treatment and care. How are charts and records kept? What cross-checks were in place to prevent mishaps? Are nurses routinely doing doctors’ jobs — or unlicensed staff performing duties of an RN? Is the facility adequately staffed to meet the accepted standard of care?
Let us determine if your hospital negligence claim is worth pursuing. You can reach us at 631-471-1222 for a free consultation, including evening and weekend appointments.